Tuesday, November 27, 2007

More than one way to school 'em!


Earlier in the year, I got in trouble for twice arriving 5 min. late. I refuse to content myself with a diet of pasta and catsup, so naturally I decided I should better arrive early. The result of this was me sitting in an empty class for 10 min. staring at the very person who denounced me as she widdle away at her computer. In an effort to get even, I began tapping my foot, zipping and unzipping my bag, clucking my tounge, all to no avail. I stepped outside to get some fresh air and the pigeon-students swarmed my position - "HOLA, HOLA!" they shouted. Holy shit, get away from me, and I've never even taught you 'hola'. STOP SAYING THAT! Know you nothing of the proper protocols for addressing and greeting your superiors!? What's this I see? A soccer ball! Salvation at last! I was lucky enough to be invited into a passing triangle with two of my 3rd graders and since then my left pass has gotten significantly better in a short amount of time.

During my break, rather than waste away in the office that has no windows, I've been heading out onto the pitch to join the students in their recess, schooling them properly.

2 comments:

M C Ward said...

Ooh, football, isn't it? Hmm, marvellous, isn't it, little kids down the park, jumpers for goalposts, four-four-two, four-two-four...

(For context, see this clip - marvellous!)

Anonymous said...

Way to go, man. Teachers should be in the school yard. That´s where they really learn.