Friday, February 8, 2008

turn for the worse


are we products or our environments? Are cops and teachers born assholes or is it their job that makes them that way?

I intended to impose collective punishment on the entire 7th grade class today; they were to spend half of their lunch break with me, in the classroom, in their seats, not in the caf' eating food, talking, having fun.

That's when I noticed the looks on their faces. In their eyes, I saw my future dismissal from the school should I continue with this policy, for I am a firm believer the following axiom:

Keeping the students happy
keeps the parents happy which
keeps the enrollment up which
keeps the money coming in which
keeps my boss happy and I
keep my job.

so...I decided to just punish those who were disturbing class.

so, you see, I'm experiencing a war within, an internal battle. I fear that I may be taken to the dark side. The authoritarian wants me!

1 comment:

M. le Prof d'Anglais said...

Thanks for the link btw. I've now returned the favour.