Monday, June 2, 2008

No longer a Temp!

I've just signed contracts at the two schools for next year.

Both contracts combined, I'm paid to teach about 17 hours of in-class and 7 hours of prep. per week.

I'll be on salary so I'll have paid holidays, sick days, two months summer vacation.

no benefits.

I don't really fancy a 40 hour work week so this suits me just fine.

By the way, the temp company keeps calling me and asking me about my plans for next year. How do I break it to them that I'll no longer be working for them and they will be minus two clients for next year. :-D

2 comments:

Mimi's Pa said...

What's keeping you from jumping on the Arabian Gulf gravy train? Join us.

El Gringo Vasco said...

I was under the impression that one needed an MA TESOL.

but okay, I'll join y'all, at least for a few years. It would be nice to earn some serious money.

so, thanks for the offer. can you set it up?