Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Access Denied


I learned this while making an impromptu dash to the in-class computer while the kids were scribbling in their notebooks. I thought it would be marvelous to have the video ready by the time they finished. Well, they hardly had time to start when the curses began. They, too, shared my grief and encouraged me to lead a mutiny. Not this time, my faithful. Youtube, MySpace and wikipedia are not permitted, inaccessible, blocked on school computers. My followers then shouted a litany of other video sharing sites, which all proved unsuccessful; it seems that the video feature is undeniably blocked. Damn it all to hell!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice touch to forbid wikipedia... Yes, there might still be some pieces of information out there that have not been approved by the pope. Just imagine the anarchy that would ensue if the children had access to such things! The horror! The horror!