Friday, October 5, 2007

Point Break


so we've been practicing present tense and how to express what we eat and what we drink and so forth.

I asked the student, "Que bebes?"
He responded, "I'm not a baby" with a shit eating grin on his face.
I replyed, "No, but you may be failing."

and to another student, "Que comes?" and he responds, "Sí!"

I was at the point of breaking but then I remembered, thanks to EnglishTeacher X, that one of the main parts of my job is to keep the kids happy, so I took a deep breath and counted to ten and continued.

4 comments:

M C Ward said...

Different langauges, same fuckwits. Just point out to them how much the average interpreter charges per hora.

El Gringo Vasco said...

good one. you think that will motivate them, then?

M C Ward said...

I don't know. Do you think a Spanish Pope might spark some curiosity?

El Gringo Vasco said...

ha ha. no!