Thursday, January 3, 2008

From Beers to Barbells



Well, since I'm at the brink of divorce largely due to my after-hours drunkenness which often leads to moodiness and I have developed a thick layer of fat that begins at my collar bones and stretches south below my navel, not to mention a ballooning buttocks and thighs; combined with the wife's high level of stress due to over-work and the long commute which is more than double the hours that I put in a week; I thought I better shape-up before she ships me out, figuratively and literally.

So, for the moment, I've left my compatriots at the ale house, to which I am currently a mug club member at the bargain price of $60 on the year and the first over-sized pint of the day is one buck, to join my other brethren at the sports club at the bargain price of $79 for the processing fee (a bunch of bullocks if you ask me) and a $24 monthly fee (for the moment, I am taking advantage of the free, 7 day trial, very nize).

Today was my first day and let me tell you, it felt good! Of course a little eye candy never hurts and there was plenty :-D

I plan on taking full liberties of the lap pool, jacuzzi (a borrowed word from Japanese for 'hot tub' :-), sauna (borrowed from Finnish), showers and all the other normal stuff. I even considered shaving me beard and plucking my uni-brow right down ze middle!

2 comments:

M C Ward said...

I bet they could make me perspire... Good luck with the workouts - we all reach that crossroads one day.

El Gringo Vasco said...

yes, and I'm really at it. or passed it. I fee truly committed. we'll see how long I can keep it up. thanks for the encouragement.