Saturday, January 19, 2008

smooth sailing


Everything seems to be going rather smoothly at the school: I try to do as little work as possible and my bosses have been ignoring me for the most part. I'd call that smooth sailing.

I don't give many grammar/translation exercises, not because I don't think they're useful but because I would have to grade them all! This goes for tests and quizzes, too; I happen to think these, on the other hand, are pretty useless. I'm supposed to submit weekly lesson plans to my boss but I don't and I hardly ever see her. We had to post grades the other day. I went to the computer, opened the program, and gave full credit to about 90 students.

It kinda feels too good to be true. I'm sure that, soon enough, I'll get a phone call, a summons where I'll have to face the executioner, take responsibility, be held accountable for my shortcomings and repent for my sins.

No comments: